1. Have a picnic. I will attempt to squeeze one in at some point myself! If it’s nice enough outside, head to your favorite park or sit on your rooftop with wine, cheese, and crackers. If it’s a little too chilly, make a living room picnic scene and indulge! It’s all the same fun with a spread like this.
My Picnic List:
• a blanket
• wine or champagne
• a couple of cheeses
• crackers and a baguette
• something sweet
• fresh fruit
2. Head to a farmers market. It’s something I don’t do as often as I’d like, but it’s such a refreshing ritual on a Saturday or Sunday. Picking up fruit for the week, some pretty wild blooms and taste testing is always a fun time. If you live in San Francisco, the Ferry building is such an enjoyable experience.
3. Give your space a pre-spring refresh. Moving a few things around will make it feel like new. I always feel inspired all over again by my home decor when there’s change. If you feel up for it – tackling a deep spring clean will feel so good come Monday after work. Seriously the dust build-up in my apartment right now is frightening! Guess what I’m doing?
4. Try a new cocktail recipe. I’ve been on the Aperol train recently and thought it would be fun to try out a couple of new cocktails this weekend while I have a lot of time on my hands on Saturday. I want to recreate this spritz, and also recently tasted a delicious gin / grapefruit drink, so I stocked up on some ingredients (and edible flowers from Safeway to garnish!) to try them out.
5. Explore your neighborhood. I often forget how much beauty is just three blocks from our apartment. This view just doesn’t get old. Grab your camera or your favorite playlist, and go for a walk while taking it all in.
What are your plans this weekend? Happy Friday! xx